Apple* device repairs
I am not a PC repair guy who decided it would be nice to get some income from Apple and got a certification. I am an award-winning software specialist who worked at the AppleCare call centre in California for 5 years before moving to Sydney. Then I worked at the Apple store in Bondi as a Genius and a Personal Trainer. I restore vintage Mac Computers for fun. (It’s like working on an old car). The following list is just some of the services we provide. If I don’t know the answer, it is a good bet I know who does. There is more to Macbook repairs than turning screws. I study OSX malware and have developed software to detect and remove malware without slowing down your computer.
- OSX Malware & Virus analysis and removal
- Apple Security Checks
- MacBook Screen repairs
- Swollen and worn out Macbook battery replacements
- Software Tune-ups
- Open Source Software solutions
- Automation (Unix, Python & Automator scripts)
- iCloud Sync issues
- Business Maintenance Plans
If you own a small business that uses Apple* systems and would like a dedicated IT tech, no need to hire someone – CONTRACT US! Call us for a bespoke quote for all you outsourced IT Department needs.
Personal and Group Training
A powerful computer will do you no good if you do not know how to use it. But personal training is useless if you do not understand what the instructor is saying. I have been teaching adults and seniors how to use computers for over 20 years (Started out in the old CompUSA days – it’s was like a JB-Hifi on steroids but only sold computers). I specialise in explaining difficult computer topics in plain English, so even someone who has never clicked a mouse can understand.
List of OSX Training Services
- OSX Basics
- Internet Safety for Seniors
- Digital Art & Painting, GIMP, KRITA
- Photo Manipulation and Storage
- Video editing basics. (iMovie Finial Cut Pro, Motion)
- Basic 2D animation (Moho 13, Realtalk)
- Apple Productivity (Calendar, Contacts, & Notes)
- Apple Office Software (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- Basic Unix Command line
- Workflow analysis (Make you more efficient )
- Proper Backup techniques
- In-home Personal OSX Training
- Group and corporate classes
Checklist of things to do before getting your device repaired
Taking these steps before bringing you device in for repair will drastically speed up the time of repair. If possible please back up your computer before dropping it off (Better safe than sorry).
- Run Current Time Machine Backup (Not required but always a good idea)
- Bring your Power Adapter with your device
- Provide – on paper not in email or text! – your System Admin Password. (Software repairs will require this)